Unit 2 is an introduction into Chemistry. We will look into how
Chemistry is organized and learn some general ideas that will be used
all year. Chapter 5 in this unit will be a look at how to solve
mathematical problems which is a central concept in Chemistry. This is
an important topic as practically all of the relationships we will study
described with a formula.
The chapters for this unit are Chapters 1, 2 and 5 in our book.
PH - Prentice Hall, an earlier book I used and has a lot of resources. Animation - A short clip usually under two minutes long.
An Introduction into Chemistry
Day 1 Green: Sept. 6
2. Hand out Vocabulary list
3. Displacement definition - what to look for.
Day 2 Green Sept. 10
2. In class - Practice problems p. 44 from text to be put on board
Day 3 Green Sept. 12
1. Relating velocity to slope - MORE GRAPHING
2. Hand back papers and tests
3. Velocity packet to work on in teams.
Day 4 Green Sept. 16
1. Unit 2 Vocabulary Quiz
2. Practice Problems 7-17 in class from end of section 2-1
3. Individual Problem checking from above.
4. Prepare for section 2-2 on acceleration
Day 5 Green Sept. 18
1. Acceleration overview: Definition and solved problems. P. 51 Table 2-3 needs some clarification
2. Practice 2B and 2C problems from p. 49 in text. Make sure all 4 steps are shown in your work. Blue books turned in at the end of the period.
3. Lab Introduction
Day 6 Green Sept. 23
2. Explain how we don't derive formulas.
3. Lab Exercise on Free Fall
Day 7 Green Sept. 25
1. Falling Objects and Free Fall
2. How to diagram the problems and make it easy to choose a formula
Day 8 Green Sept. 271. Falling Objects Practice Problems
2. Review for Chapter 2 Test
Day 9 Green Oct. 11. Chapter 2 Test
Day 10 Green Oct. 3
1. Lab Due